Okay. So I pretty much haven't updated since I went to Prague. Let me update.
The weeks have been going by SO QUICKLY. That attributes partially to midterms (gahhh, 1 more to go!) but I have been to 2 significant places.
I'll start with the beginning, Munich for Oktoberfest. Many of you will wonder, was it everything it seemed like?
Yes. Yes it was everything I imagined, but better.
Let me start by saying, the amount of lederhosen I witnessed was NOT okay, almost overwhelming. Oktoberfest was a massive drunken sing-a-long. These beer halls have the capacity for like 400+ people EACH and there are like 7 or 8 of them. There is an actual band, playing actual stereotypical German music, with women selling larger than life pretzels and LITERS OF BEER. And no, you can't just stop at 1, or 2. Well, you can or else you'll throw up in the back. Oktoberfest is a massive party. And the party never stops. It sure starts at 8am when they have parades, and it doesn't end until the last man in lederhosen leaves.
Who ever thought it was a good idea to have an AMUSEMENT PARK IN THE MIDDLE OF A DRUNKFEST?!
WHY DID I NOT SEE ANY POLICE PRESENCE? Questions, questions.
Yes, you read correctly. There were crazy rides, rollercoasters, swing things, things that will flip you upside down and over and back again. My friend and I went on a horror ride scary thing, and let me also say that EUROPE HAS NO RULES ON HOW THRILL (HORROR) RIDES ARE RUN. THE PEOPLE DRESSED UP ARE ALLOWED TO TOUCH YOU.
It was the most horrifying ride I have ever been on. We were this close to getting into a cart with a man dressed up like a killer and possibly a sadist. We lucked out and pretended to NOT BE AMERICAN because you kNOW he would have just loved to come sit right in-between the scared foreign girls.
No comments:
Post a Comment