Don't get me wrong. Berlin is, by far, my favorite city so far on my European adventure. Well, I still have Prague, Munich (Oktoberfest), Copenhagen for my birthday, Paris, London, and Barcelona. So....well see how the rankings change after the trip.
Anyway, back to Berlin. I was there 3 days, didn't sleep or shower. Surprisingly the hostel we stayed at was relatively clean and the reception spoke English. Unlike Dresden, everyone in Berlin speaks English, which is disappointing when you really want to practice German but they insist on answering in English to practice THEIR English...unfair. I also kind of caught a head cold from staying out until 5 am and then getting up the next morning to site-see.
My favorite highlights of the trip, was seeing Checkpoint Charlie, the "Terror" Museum, the Berlin Wall looking into "No-Mans-Land" and the memorial for the European Jews. The history is fascinating, and we all know how much the Germans LOVE to give you TOO MUCH INFORMATION on everything, so I really know my WWI, WWII, and Cold War history after that trip. I had really cheap food, great drinks, and we went on a 12 euro pub crawl that ended up being a ton of fun...I recommend doing one of those for anyone traveling wanting to meet people. It's cheap and you make new friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment