But...really...is it really necessary for me to sit through 5 hours of German for 4 days a week? Isn't that pushing it? Well up until Monday which was the day we started intensive German, our group enjoyed the wonders of something called Stadtfest. There is a ton of amazing AMAZING food such as some kind of chili brotwurst dish with some Brotchen (aka fresh baked bread rolls), of course some Bier that was brewed a few miles away in a local brewery, and likewise wine from local vineyards.
 |
Historic Buildings at Stadtfest (Altstadt)
|
 |
| Stadtfest at it's finest |
As you can see, Stadtfest is fantastic, lively, and within beautiful scenery. After the first week of intensive German, we went on an excursion to a place in middle Germany called Weimar. The United States and the allied powers kind of bombed the entire place, which was home to Goethe and Schiller among many quite quaint homes and beautiful gardens. History is embedded in this town, and you can see this from the leftover soviet memorial sites (which actually gave me the chills) and the negatively Hitler left on the town. For example a concentration camp is quite nearby, although we did not visit it. I enjoyed the Weinfest they had there, among the open-air-markets and beautiful small cobblestone streets.
 |
| Open Market in the heart of Weimar |
 |
Creepy Soviet Memorial Site. Weimar signed an agreement that didn't allow for the town to destroy this mark of history and communism.
On to this week...I finished my intensive German courses and my two finals for sociology and German (I know! finals already ewwwwwwwwww). But yes, and this weekend I will be going to Konigstein, which is only like 45 minutes away and there is a beautiful castle there, so more pictures to come!
Oh also, I got my semester schedule, and I barely have any class. Ever. Never on Fridays and scattered like 2 hour classes other days. Best schedule yet! Thanks BU International Programs! |
No comments:
Post a Comment